The Environmental Audit is a management tool that allows the stakeholders to:
- Identify the presence of environmental liabilities associated with current or past uses of the evaluated areas, which may constitute obligations of repair or compensation;
- Evaluate the activities developed at the site and identify its compliance with applicable environmental standards;
- Indicate potential risks and actions to prevent, control, mitigate or correct the liabilities in order to ensure legal compliance, sustainable business development, or continuity of operations without interruptions.
Environmental Audit types:
Verifies compliance with the applicable environmental standards and legislation, and conditions related to the environmental licensing process.
Due diligence in Mergers & Acquisitions
Evaluates the existence of environmental liabilities that can interfere in the transactional process (buying and selling), advisory the valuation of liabilities.
Evaluates the existence of environmental liabilities and potential risks to the environment and the population related to the closure of production sites.
Greenfield Environmental Assessment
Evaluates the implementation of projects in places where there was no prior use or development of the land, usually green or agricultural areas.
ARCHIPEL operates in end-to-end support, from acquiring real estate assets, including the prior assessment of environmental feasibility, to conducting the recovery process of areas initially identified as contaminated, including obtaining the necessary approvals and certificates from the environmental authorities.
We also provide technical support during transaction negotiations related to the valuation of environmental assets and environmental liabilities, assisting the legal experts in defining pre and post-closing conditions.
Environmental and Health & Safety Due Diligence Assessment
Sector: Financial / Private Equity
Investment in a retail company with a wide geographic distribution.
- Assessment of 38 sites distributed in the 5 Brazil’s region, including distribution centers, branches and recycling facilities;
- Documental review;
- Public databases assessment;
- Evaluation of the sites' history of use and occupation and previous environmental studies;
- Field inspections of critical sites and of selected sites;
- Categorized the environmental issues based on materiality;
- Determine the potential business risk of the identified environmental issues;
- Estimate of liabilities involved;
- Identification of priorities and necessary CAPEX;
- Support in defining a trading strategy.
Due Diligence and support in the negotiation of the contract terms
GoiÃ¡s State, Brazil
Sector: Real Estate
Distribution center acquisition for sale-leaseback operation.
- Extensive history assessment;
- Evaluation of environmental studies carried out;
- Support in the negotiation strategy;
- Technical discussions with the lawyer teams of both parties and with the seller’s technical consultant;
- Support in the definition of the contract terms, including:
- Precedent conditions;
- Post-closing obligation related to the management of contaminated areas.
Preliminary environmental assessment and legal compliance
Ponta Grossa/PR, Brazil
Sector: Food Industry
Buy and sell transaction.
- Documentary review and assessment of compliance with applicable environmental laws and standards;
- Identification of former and current sources of contamination;
- Recommendations for adequacy and environmental prevention;
- Assessment of possible environmental liabilities for the transaction;
- Technical and strategic support to the client for negotiations with stakeholders (environmental agency and buyer investment fund).
Preliminary Environmental Assessment and Confirmatory Environmental Investigation
SÃ£o Paulo/SP, Brazil
Sector: Silica Processing
Deactivation of industrial unit and land use change.
- Extensive evaluation of the operational history of the industrial unit;
- An extensive survey of historical information from external sources;
- Development of a robust initial conceptual model;
- Conducting assertive environmental research, attesting to the technical feasibility of changing the use of the property from industrial to commercial;
- Technical contribution to the Build to Suit project;
- Technical and strategic support to the client for negotiations with stakeholders (future owner of the area and environmental agency).