The effective management of surface water and groundwater resources is vitally important given the growing supply crises and the constant degradation of the environmental quality of these resources.
The water management of enterprises contemplates actions with the purpose of minimizing impacts on water sources in addition to promoting their rational use.
ARCHIPEL provides technical assistance for the management of water resources.
Our scope includes the following:
- Hydrological and hydrogeological studies;
- Conceptual and computational hydrogeological model;
- Sustainability study on water resource use;
- Water balances and water efficiency assessments;
- Water safety assessment and planning;
- Water treatment and reuse.
Hydric Sustainability Study
SÃ£o Paulo, Brazil
Sector: Food Products
Evaluation of regional and industry hydric availability in the context of supplying the industrial operation.
- Environmental characterization of the regional hydrological and hydrogeological scenario;
- Evaluation of exploitation consumption versus water stress in the region;
- Identification of potential supply risks;
- Water availability forecast;
- Recommendations for measures and actions aimed at improving current systems and the water safety;
- Recommendations for mitigating measures and actions for situations of water scarcity.
Hydrological and hydrogeological characterization in the context of the Environmental Impact Study
Mato Grosso, Brazil
Gold Mine Installation.
The following activities were developed with the collaboration of a multidisciplinary team:
- Detailed field mapping of natural drainages and springs under the influence of the project;
- Evaluation and selection of potential points for surface water exploitation;
- Mathematical modeling of groundwater flow to evaluate the effects of the operational activities on the surroundings hydrodynamics;
- Water balance;
- Legal authorization for surface water exploitation.
Hydrogeological characterization in the context of the environmental impact study
Sector: Renewable Energy
Installation of Windfarm Complex.
- Technical guidance for installation of monitoring wells in accordance with project goals;
- Hydrogeological characterization;
- Analysis of flow and recharge zones of the aquifer;
- Evaluation of water table monitoring data;
- Assessment of groundwater quality based on physic, chemical and microbiological analyses.